Pages

Snow

Wednesday, February 2, 2011
Let me first apologize for any typos moving forward.  I have had a few drinks since we are snowed in!

Holy snow batgirl!  We got pounded by snow overnight and currently it is still snowing outside with winds!  Last night, as I let the dogs out the winds were about 60 miles an hour with snow and I could see past my front porch.  I saw an odd thing last night thunder snow.  I have lived here in this part of the state for 33 years and have never ever seen thundersnow.  Thunder and lighting and the middle of a huge snowstorm.  I of course thought I had lost my mind because truth be told lately I haven't been in any frame of mind to be normal....

Then I watched the weather channel... yep... thunder snow does exsist and it happened last night. It was pretty cool to see the anchor stand in the middle of chicago and get the thundersnow on tape.  Thank Goddess for him because I thought I was losing my mind!

  We get some massive black storms here but I have never seen of thundersnow and it was breathtaking!
Made me smile and take a deep breath... something I haven't done in quite sometime.
Perhaps it was my mom telling me to get my ass moving along... or perhaps... it was something beyond telling me that things do exsist beyond what I know of.....

Such thought.

2 comments:

Anonymous at: February 3, 2011 at 9:04 PM said...

Holly -
I read through your blog and cried. It is so incredibly painful to lose a mom. My mom has been gone for almost 10 years and there are still days that I pick up the phone to call and share something with her. Every time Erika accomplishes something (graduating high school, going to college, first day of a real job, etc.) I think how proud her grandma would be of her. Please know that I am here for you (Tony is too). Focus on all the good times you had with your mom. It makes the pain a little more bearable. We seriously need to get together some time. Tony is still off work so when the weather clears, let's make plans. Love you!

{ Holly } at: February 5, 2011 at 10:45 AM said...

I would love to get together! Lets plan it!
Love you back

Post a Comment